Frequently asked questions about potential boundary changes
Below are some of the common questions asked by families.
Open Enrollment Questions
- Is Aquila closed for new open enrollments? Yes, Aquila is closed for open enrollment for any new students.
- If my student is currently open enrolled, can they stay at Aquila? Yes, if your student is already open enrolled in Aquila, they will remain enrolled at Aquila.
- Can my student remain at Aquila if I move out of the attendance area in the future? Unfortunately, as of July 1, 2023, Aquila will no longer allow students to open enroll after the school year in which they move out of the attendance area.
- Are there exceptions for siblings or students of staff members? Unfortunately, as of July 1 2023, we will no longer be able to accept open enrolled students under exceptions for students of staff members or siblings.
*Note that students of staff members who live outside of the Aquila attendance area who are currently enrolled will be allowed to stay at Aquila.
Voluntary Transfer Questions
- Through August 4, 2023, interested Aquila families will have the option to voluntarily transfer to Peter Hobart or Susan Lindgren.
- By when do I need to submit the voluntary transfer? Requests must be received prior to 4 p.m. on August 4, 2023. Requests received after will be considered on a case by case basis.
Complete this form for voluntary transfer
- How do I know which school my student would attend if I choose a voluntary transfer? Students who reside north of Minnetonka Boulevard will be able to attend Peter Hobart. Students who reside south of Minnetonka Boulevard will be able to attend Susan Lindgren.
- Is Transportation provided? Yes, transportation will be provided as long as your student attends the school indicated by the boundary areas mentioned above.
- What if I wish to enroll my student in another elementary school (outside of the voluntary boundary)? We can voluntarily transfer your student to the other school, however, transportation would not be provided in that case.
- If my student is enrolled in Kids Place child care, where will that take place? Students currently enrolled in Kids Place child care will maintain their child care enrollment at their new assigned school.
Rise on 7 Development
- Starting on July 1, 2023, the Rise on 7 development will be moved to the Susan Lindgren attendance area.